Group B/C: Difficult Conversations
Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HH
12 March 2019
09:15 – 13:00
Aim of the course
- To enable professionals to acquire the skills to manage difficult conversation with families and with colleagues
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Recognise when it may be necessary to have a difficult conversation.
- Empower professionals, building confidence and sharing tools to manage such situations.
- Plan, respond and measure outcome.
- Maintain positive relationships when dealing with sensitive issues
- Consider the use of language (words) when discussing safeguarding issues.
- Use role modelling to assess what effective and ineffective communication looks like.
- Reflect the CHSCB priorities.
I will now be more confident when having discussions with other professionals, and more aware of the impact on families!