Group C: Training for safeguarding leads, their deputies & managers
The Guildhall (City of London)
Basinghall Street, London, EC2V 7HH
23rd January 2020
09:15 – 16:30
Aim of the course
- Aimed at those new to the role of safeguarding lead – to enable participants to become familiar with the role and responsibilities of the designated safeguarding children officer and develop competence and confidence in carrying out this role.
By the end of the training participants will have:
- Described the role and responsibilities of the designated safeguarding children officer
- Considered the key legislation and guidance underpinning responses to concerns about a child’s safety or welfare
- Explored what actions to take ensure the safety and welfare of children and young people with whom their agency has contact
- Identified the training required for staff within their organisation
- Considered the blocks to staff reporting concerns and how to address these
- Explored how to make appropriate decisions about the action to take when informed of a concern about a child or young person
- Identified how to provide their service with consideration to confidentiality, sharing of information and recording practices
- Demonstrated an awareness of the emotional dimension of safeguarding work and identify a network for personal support.
Fantastic training - it was a great experience!
Employee V22 Workspace
Facilitators include: James Sykes, Kristine Wellington, Laura Stewart, Nikki Baird, Pat Dixon, Rebecca Taylor and Rory McCallum