Group C: REFRESHER Training for safeguarding leads, their deputies & managers
The Tomlinson Centre, Queensbridge Road, London E8 3ND
The Guildhall, City of London, Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7HH
3rd September 2018 OR 7th March 2019 (City Venue)
09:15 – 13:00
Safeguarding Lead Training
Aim of the course
- This is a half day course for participants who have already undertaken safeguarding training and need a refresher to ensure that they have an up to date knowledge of their role and responsibilities as the designated safeguarding children officer and build on their competence and confidence in carrying out this role.
By the end of the training participants will have:
- Updated their understanding of the role and responsibilities of the designated safeguarding children officer.
- Updated their knowledge of the key legislation (including new duties) and guidance underpinning responses to concerns about a child’s safety or welfare.
- Explored what actions to take ensure the safety and welfare of children and young people with whom their agency has contact.
- Identified the training required for staff within their organisation and considered what safeguarding policy updates are required.
- Considered the blocks to staff reporting concerns and how to address these.
- Know how to make appropriate decisions about the action to take when informed of a concern about a child or young person.
- Identified how to provide their service with consideration to confidentiality, sharing of information and recording practices.
- Demonstrated an awareness of the emotional dimension of safeguarding work and identify a network for personal support.
Facilitator: Laura Stewart, Nikki Baird, Alma Reisel, Sabikun Begum, Pat Dixon