Group B/C: Domestic Violence & Abuse: Dynamics, Identification & Response
The Tomlinson Centre
Queensbridge Road, London E8 3ND
20 May 2019
09:15 – 16:30
Domestic Violence & Abuse
Aim of the course
- This is a one day course to encourage reflective practice and analytical thinking around the impact of domestic violence & abuse.
By the end of the training participants will:
- have received a brief overview of the relevant legislation.
- have explored the nature, scope, and impact of abusive behaviour in intimate partner and extra-familial relationships.
- know how to screen and respond effectively, decreasing risk and increasing safety.
- understand risk factors, their evidence base, and risk assessment tools practitioners can use. (The MARAC process will be described briefly).
- have explored why victims/survivors may remain in/leave abusive situations.
- understand the associated issues for Safeguarding Children.
- have analysed the coping strategies of victims/survivors who are parents.
- have received information about local and national domestic abuse support services and about making referrals to Children & Families Services.
The training has given me more confidence and knowledge to work with cases where domestic abuse is a feature!