Group B/C: Dynamics of Domestic Abuse
The Tomlinson Centre
Queensbridge Road, London E8 3ND
17 January 2019
09:15 – 16:30
Aim of the course
- This is a one day course to encourage reflective practice and analytical thinking around the impact of Domestic abuse.
By the end of the training participants will have:
- Explored the nature, scope, impact and intentions behind abusive behaviour in intimate partner relationships where there are children in the family, for a diverse population.
- Considered the new offence of Coercive Control
- Considered risk factors for domestic abuse, their evidence base, and the risk assessment tools practitioners can use. The MARAC process will be described briefly.
- Explored why survivors may stay with or leave abusive partners, and the associated issues for Safeguarding Children
- Analysed coping strategies by non-abusing parents and other impacts of domestic abuse on survivors who are parents.
- Explored the Key Messages and main elements of safe practice in domestic abuse situations, within the context of the Hackney and London SCB Guidance on Safeguarding Children Abused Through Domestic Violence 2015
- Received information about the Hackney DVA Team’s role and how to refer and signpost to it and to other services in Hackney and City and nationally.
- Received information about making referrals to CYPS.
The training has given me more confidence and knowledge to work with cases where domestic abuse is a feature!