Group A/B/C: Violence Against Women & Girls (VAWG) & Harmful Practices
Hackney Learning Trust
1 Reading Lane, London E8 1GQ
27 Sept 2019
09:15 – 16:30
Aim of the course
- This training aims to build competence amongst professionals so that they can identify and support women and girls at risk of experiencing different forms of VAWG, including harmful practices.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of different harmful practices (eg. So called honour based violence, FGM, Forced marriage)
- Identify the risk factors that can render women and girls vulnerable to harmful practices
- Identify the signs that a woman or girl is at risk of, or experiencing, harmful practice(s)
- Describe the legislative and policy frameworks that exist for the prevention of harmful practices, the safeguarding of women and girls and the prosecution of perpetrators
- Understand referral pathways
- Understand the impact of VAWG and Harmful practices in the mental health and have a trauma informed approach to victims.