Group A/B/C: MASTERCLASS County Lines
The Tomlinson Centre
Queensbridge Road, London, E8 3ND
11 February 2019
09:30 – 12:30 OR
13:30 – 16:30
Aim of the course
This County Lines training has been designed to help front-line professionals tackle the growing County Lines problem. It centres on four short films which explain how county lines operate. The films illustrate, drawing on a mother’s and young person’s personal experience, how young people are recruited, and associated risk factors to be alert to.
By the end of the course participants will:
- have increased their awareness of what County Lines is and how it operates.
- understand the ways in which children & young people are being exploited and how to spot the early signs.
- have developed their confidence and effectiveness in managing young people engaged with County Lines.
- developed a more consistent and informed approach to supporting and safeguarding young people.
- developed an understanding of the relationship between vulnerability and becoming a perpetrator of crime and the potential consequences of this for the young person’s mental health.