Group A/B/C: Introduction to Contextual Safeguarding
The Tomlinson Centre
Queensbridge Road, London E8 3ND
13th September 2019
09:30 – 13:00
Aim of the course
- to introduce participants to the concept of contextual safeguarding and its relevance to adolescent safeguarding and developing practice within Hackney.
- 11 December 2019
By the end of the training participants will:
- have explored different manifestations of peer-on-peer abuse and how responses are shaped by current policy and practice.
- have discussed how engaging with social environments and extra-familial relationships is key to developing responses to adolescent safeguarding.
- have drawn upon case studies and practice experience to explore how multi-agency approaches can support the development of holistic approaches.
- be able to reflect and critique practice and contribute to shaping innovative work within Hackney.