Group A: Refresher: Safeguarding Children – a shared responsibility
The Tomlinson Centre
Queensbridge Road, London E8 3ND
12th September 2019
09:15 – 13:00
Aim of the course
- This half day course is for participants who have already undertaken safeguarding training and need a refresher to ensure that they have an up to date knowledge of child protection.
By the end of the training participants will have:
- Refreshed their knowledge on what to do if they have concerns about a child, including those who are suffering, or at risk of suffering, significant harm
- Refreshed their understanding of what will happen once they have informed someone about those concerns
- Heard about the further contribution they may be asked or expected to make to the processes described in What To Do If You’re Worried a Child Is Being Abused and the London Child Protection Procedures, including how to share information
- Been updated on the current legislative framework within which children’s welfare is safeguarded and promoted
- Been updated on the City of London Threshold document and Hackney Child Well-being model which sets out the thresholds for accessing services at different level of need and concern and the Common Support Framework which enables participants to identify how to access support for families.
Both trainers were thorough and knowledgeable and complemented each other
Young Women’s Advocate, Nia
Facilitators: James Sykes, Kristine Wellington, Laura Stewart, Nikki Baird, Pat Dixon, Rebecca Taylor and Rory McCallum