FULLY BOOKED Group C: Managing allegations against professionals working with children and young people (AM Session)
Date: 19/07/2012 Time: 09:15 - 13:00 Venue: The Tomlinson Centre, Queensbridge Road, Hackney, E8 3ND
Aim of the course
By the end of the training participants will have:
- Explored ways of supporting staff through an investigation, whilst ensuring the continued well-being of the child.
- Identified the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer in investigating allegations against staff
- Be aware of the actions they need to take when allegations are made against a member of staff in their organisation
- Understand the criminal, child protection and employment processes that may need to be pursued.
Facilitator: Delivered by representatives from internal agencies
- are operational managers in organisations employing staff to work with children and families or with responsibility for commissioning or delivering services
- have strategic and managerial responsibility for commissioning and delivering services for children and families
- hold supervisory responsibility in relation to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- hold particular professional/organisational authority and a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy to act on child welfare concerns, including those where a child is or may be suffering significant harm
- work extensively within an inter- or multi-agency context
- often have responsibility for the work of others.
IMPORTANT: Managers should be competent to offer appropriate consultation and advice to practitioners; to challenge effectively; and to facilitate an understanding of the consequences of decision making for the organisation, themselves, practitioners, and children and families. They should have an in-depth understanding of the processes described in the London Child Protection Procedures and the ability to work with others in a broad range of complex situations.
People in this group include social workers, police, paediatricians, and senior nurses with particular responsibilities for safeguarding children, designated/named professionals in health and education.Group